How To Manage Your Job Search
To manage your job search effectively, you need to plan and keep track of your job search activities. This effort will pay off in the long run. Just a few hours of organization will save you countless days of unnecessary legwork. I can make or break your quest for a rewarding job. Be organized, be unique and be ready to grab your new job.
Being organized makes the job search just that little bit easier – saving you time and frustration.
[alert style=”info” text=” Stress is now costing Australian workplaces more than $1 billion annually and excessive workloads have been identified as a major cause of stress and burnout. Excessive workloads can lead to a loss of enjoyment of working life, lack of work and life balance, as well as health and relationship problems.”]
Tips On How To Manage Your Job Search
Organization is the key when preparing to launch your career. Whether you are just starting out, changing careers or progressing in your current career, you need to adopt an organized, methodical approach in order to gain the most from your job search.
- Get organized.
- Plan and start your search as soon as you know you will need to find a job.
- Get a really top-notch resume that effectively markets you.
- Prepare your professional career portfolio to take to interviews.
- Get an email address via a free site such as Hotmail or Yahoo
- Develop a daily To Do List.
- Equip yourself with stationery.
- Buy an appointment diary.
- Prepare your wardrobe for interviews.
- Set up answer machine/voice mail (business-like message).
- Record every scrap of information about your job search.
Free Tools and Resources to Help You Manage Your Job Search
Use this free Job Search Journal to help you keep track of the positions you apply for, follow-up action and outcomes of each application.
Managing your job search without a plan will hinder your progress. Make sure you equip yourself with the usual stationery items you expect to use.
For tips to get you back on track go to www.flexibility.com.au